Sunday, June 19, 2011

REPUBLICA

REPUBLICA  

I am with six other teachers who are really great women.  We have two 25 year olds, one is 31, then a principal who is 40, my friend Linda who is 50 and me.  This group likes to have a drink after dinner and not wanting to be left behind I always go with them.  I drink a lemon lime soda made by Fanta that you can’t get in the states.  Last night we went to a bar restaurant called Republica. We had drinks and brochettes – barbequed chicken on a stick.  It was an open air bar as most of them are. It was for the upper class locals and the ex-pats.  Nothing too special, but just something else to experience.  I guess the highlight of the evening was when the taxi driver backed up too far and landed the back tires in a ditch. We have to take two taxis everywhere we go because there are so many of us. The other driver stopped and came over to push us out. I hopped out fast because I knew that would lighten the load. So did the others girls. With a little burning rubber and a great deal of pushing the cab was out of the ditch and we were on our way again. These are experiences you just don’t have in America.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, sounds like you are having a blast!! You are a brave lady. Most moms are not cool enough to do something like this and to take it all in while they are there. But you are! Love you. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete