Sunday, June 19, 2011

LOCAL MARKET

Yesterday after school she took us to a local market.  What an amazing place.  I could have taken a thousand pictures, but Shannon has told us that the people don’t like us to do that.  If you buy something from someone and then ask to have you picture taken with them that is okay.  Each person sets up a small little booth with their goods in it and then people walk by and buy from them.  There were flour piles in huge piles just waiting to be scooped up for the buyer.  There were colorful mounds of peas and beans.  It looked like and art display. Many women were dressed in the traditional clothing with babies strapped to their backs. It was killing me not to have my camera out and taking pictures.


My friend, Linda, is a quilter and has decided to make an African quilt when she gets home. It sounded like a great idea to me also, so we bought a piece of fabric from one of the booths. I was able to then take a couple of pictures with the lady we purchased the fabric from.  What a treasure to have my picture made with her!  The lady wanted me to make a copy and bring it back to her.  They don’t have cameras and rarely get to see themselves. Shannon said it is a difficult process so all I could do was show her the photos on the camera.


The lady I bought fabric from at the market.


No comments:

Post a Comment