Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paved Roads

Walking on the dirt roads to the local market.
The children from our school flock around us and want to hold our hands and ask us questions in English. It is rewarding to them try and use the English we have been teaching them.

I have such an appreciation for paved roads. There are very few paved roads around here.  The major roads are paved and fairly nice. Many of the roads are like cobble stone bricks and so the riding on the motos can really be bumpy.  Then all the side roads are not even paved.  And the pot holes on both the paved roads and the dirt roads are incredibly huge. 
The motos just swerve from one side of the roads to other to avoid the holes. And if you are on the back you better hold on. Then try to walk on all the dirt roads. I now know why they washed feet in the days of Jesus. Your feet and shoes are always dirty and dusty. I am constantly washing my feet and sandals.  So when you walk or drive to your next place be thankful for all the nice roads you have!





1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your adventure! It also makes me stop and be thankful for all the things I take for granted. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete